Wednesday, June 26, 2019

2019 Graduate Speech #2- L.K.


Hi, my name is L.K., I have been here for 6 years.  I remember the first day I walked into this wonderful school to shadow.  I remember having to be in the choir, that was the most terrifying part of the day.  At the end of the day I said to my mom, “Mom, I want to go to this school.” Thankfully, after the summer my mom signed me up to Agia Sophia.  Thanks! Mom for taking me to ASA.
          I have had some of the most enjoyable and educational experiences at ASA. The Spring Fine Arts night is one of these times. Some of my favorite things about the Spring Fine Arts night were practicing in class to get ideas, using a lot of team work if we wanted our skits to work out and rehearsing was always fun, exciting and challenging.  I’d really like to thank Mrs. Powell for setting up the Spring Fine Arts night. She always helped us with our teamwork and never let us give up.  I would also like to thank all of the students in the school for working together and making it so fun.  An educations thing that we learned while practicing for tonight was that Funga Alafia is a welcome song from Africa.
          At this time I would like to thank a few people who have been a big part of my life these past 6 years.  I would like to thank Mrs. Faris for volunteering at our library.  I remember always wanting to spend time with Mrs. Faris, so I would ask if I could read to her.  Thank you Mrs. Perussi for being a wonderful and kind art teacher.  I will remember when I would hug her and sit right next to her during our art lessons.  I would like to thank my language teachers, Magistra Doans and Kyria Maria for being wonderful teachers and always making sure I knew what I was doing.  On top of that, thank you Kyria Thespina and Kyria Theadora for being the best substitutes Greek teachers.  Kyria Thespina taught us the animals and Kyria Theadora taught us the byzantine chant.  I’d like to thank Mrs. Powell especially for keeping my strength up and always being the best music teacher ever.  One of my favorite teachers who taught me in kindergarten and first grade is Mrs. Blankenstein.  I was very lucky to have her as my teacher. I remember in the afternoon Mrs. Blankestein would shake our hands and say “good afternoon”.  This would make me feel so welcomed and joyous. Next I would like to thank all the Principals I have had over the years, Mrs. Rodent from kindergarten to second grade, Mrs. Rice in 3rd and 4th and Mrs. Blankenstein in the 5th.  Lastly, I would like to thank my most favorite teacher. Fr. Ed. He is the funniest teacher ever.  He taught us a lot, especially in science.  We learned how to conduct electricity from one place to another.  When it came to math, I got confused, but Fr. Ed never gave up and spent time with me to make sure I understood it.  I’m going to miss Fr. Ed the most, but I will remember all his humorous sayings and that he never let us give up.
          The most important thing to me about tonight is that everyone has a blast and I would like to congratulate all the other 5th graders and wish them good luck in their new schools.  I will miss this school very much but will never forget all my teachers and all of the students at ASA.

          Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment