Monday, November 18, 2019

Virtue of the Month November- Thankfulness

Thankfulness: expressing gratitude to others

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
-1 Thessalonians 5:18

November and Thanksgiving- it seems like a natural virtue for this month to focus on Thankfulness. At a recent staff meeting, we were discussing ways that we were thankful for our own parents. Virtues that they instilled in us from a young age. The “battles” that they chose in our upbringing. Based on these staff conversations, we will be adding a “My Upbringing” section to our Monthly Messenger. There were times, when I was a child, that I was not thankful for the things that my parents made me do or the rules that they made me follow. As an adult with my own children, I am thankful for the values that my parents instilled in me and we, God willing, are passing on those same virtues to our own children. 

My hope and prayer is that you will also see value in our sharing with you tidbits from our upbringing. And if you have something you would like to share, please let me know. 

In closing, and not related to my upbringing, I am thankful for all of you - the children, the parents, the staff. It is a great blessing to be part of the ministry of Agia Sophia Academy. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve. 
May it be blessed, 

Mrs. Christina Blankenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment